What God does is important, and the first act God chose to reveal to man is not just important to him, it is extraordinarily important as an event and for its theological significance. The creation of the Heavens and the earth are not only showing us the glory of what God did create, but it also reveals God’s glory and much about God himself.
In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
We see the emphasis of God’s creation from the beginning of the Bible to the end. It starts in Genesis 1:1 and ends in Revelation 14:7 where we are told what will happen in the last days during the tribulation. An Angel says with a loud voice:
Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made Heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.” Rev 14:7
Please don’t miss the astounding emphasis of this mention of God’s creation of the Heaven and earth at the end of time. Let’s unpack this briefly. The last words communicated by a person, whether at the end of their life or at the end of a letter, are considered the most important message they want to share.
The last words spoken by a man or woman on their deathbed are to be given great credibility, and even our court rules of evidence allow the admission of a deathbed confession or deathbed statement (an exception to the hearsay rule prohibiting a statement of a dead person), because the law has determined that a person who knows they are dying is not likely to lie, but is likely to tell the unvarnished truth and that they are not likely to talk about unimportant topics, but only the most important subject on their mind, filtered down to the fewest and most important words.
If you were saying goodbye to a dear friend or a loved one, and you would not see them again, you would most certainly choose your subject and words carefully in the last moments of your visit.
God isn’t going to die, so he has no last words, but even the world has recognized the importance of last words, and God does have last words to mankind of revelation, of prophesy, and of his wrath and coming judgment.
At the end of all time when God is bringing to fulfillment all of his prophesies foretold throughout the ages and unfolding in the very last days, do you think God would instruct his Angels to say things that are relatively unimportant? Absolutely not! God has never said anything unimportant anyway, but especially at the end his message to the world will be the message he chooses to share above all other things that he could emphasize.
In one way of thinking about the importance of the creation story, you could say that God has made his creation story the bookends of the entire revelation to man from Genesis to Revelation, from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 14:7. All other Bible stories and the history of the world fall between God’s emphases of his creation story at the beginning and the end.
You could also say that the Angels’ words in Revelation 14:7 represent the last altar call in all of human history. In that last altar call, what is the emphasis? God’s creation of Heaven and the earth. Is that not absolutely amazing?
What does God emphasize at the beginning and at the end? That he is the one “who made Heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.” It would appear that since God chose to tell us his creation story in the beginning of the Bible in Genesis, and he chose to tell us again at the end of the Bible in Revelation in the last days before his final judgment, the creation story is of vital importance to God’s revelation of himself.
We should pay close attention to how God describes his creation, what words he uses and what he emphasizes, and we should pay attention to what he does not say in light of all the theories floating around today. Seriously, could not this same admonition be said of all of the scriptures?
For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (NASB 2020)
J.I. Packer wrote, “A misinterpreted Bible is a misunderstood Bible, which will lead us out of God’s way rather than in it.” (Truth and Power The Place of Scripture in the Christian Life)
We must not get God’s creation wrong, or we will not only misunderstand the world we live in, but we will be led “out of God’s way rather than in it.”
Do You Not Fear God?
Is there any truth that you would dare tell God is unimportant if he authored it? Is there any doctrine that you would tell God is unimportant if he made it an eternal truth? Would you dare say to God Almighty, “Well, I considered that doctrine of little importance in life and essentially irrelevant in my own life and testimony!” Suppose for a minute that the earth is not a sphere, when you see God are you going to say, “Well, golly gee, I thought the whole NASA thing was real, and I had no idea it was all an evil hoax. I mean . . . I heard other christians talking about flat earth and how the Bible explains exactly how the earth was created, but I never took any of that talk serious. And I never bothered to dig deeply into the true science of the subject either. I just figured it wasn’t important to me or you!”
The great danger of being deeply caught up in any grandiose lie is that such a belief can lead to further deceptive beliefs, which can lead down other wrong directions. Think of an airplane flying from LAX in Los Angeles to HNL in Honalulu. If the airplane’s compass is off by 1%, it doesn’t seem like a big deal a short distance out of LAX, but by the time they got to the Island of Hawaii, they would be so far off course, they would not even see the Island.
If you get God’s creation story terribly wrong, how wrong will you eventually be about so many other things God would have shown you? This is not an insignificant matter.
Not only is God’s description of creation important in the details, but don’t forget that his desire to reveal this to us and how he describes it is also a revelation of Himself! In creation God reveals who he is. That makes this revelation of profound theological significance. We do not want to grossly misinterpret creation into something completely different than what it really is. Do that, and you may also be grossly misinterpreting the God of creation.
God’s act of creating the earth and how he created it is a demonstration of his power and authority and majesty, and it is the beginning of God’s amazing work of reconciliation of man to himself, a plan unfolding for eternity past and watched by all of God’s Heavenly creatures. His creation of the Heavens and the earth, therefore, is part of a much larger eternal plan that has significance far beyond the creation itself.
Unlike humans, God chooses his words carefully. God chose his words in the creation account with incredible precision, and the Hebrew language often loses some of the original meaning in the translation into English. God made no mistakes in the words and phrases he used to describe his creation of the Heavens and the earth, but man’s various loose interpretations are too often colored by religious agendas and world views. The original Greek and Hebrew are arguably inspired by the Holy Spirit, but subsequent translations into English, especially paraphrased versions, are anything but true to the original text.
Even creation itself groans as it awaits God’s sovereign will to be fulfilled.
“For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.” Rom 8:20-22
That’s pretty amazing when you realize that God’s creation itself is groaning because of the evil and sin in the world, and it is awaiting the freedom to come with Christ’s return and judgment upon sin. How much more must creation be groaning in a world where almost everyone believes lies about that very creation? Not to carry this too far, but how would you feel if I told everyone you were born a frog and not a baby like the featured photo of this article? And what if I kept telling that lie during your long existence? Eventually, you would start groaning, no?
Consider the possibility that what we’ve been taught since we were in diapers is a massive deception to turn us away from God and his revelation of himself in creation. Consider that what we have been taught for decades by NASA, the U.S. Government, and the anti-God scientific community is either partially a lie or massive and pervasive lies.
Even if you argue you don’t adopt Darwinian evolution, if you adopt a lie about the creation of the earth and it’s shape and movement, you are adopting a large part of the anti-God world of Copernicus and Darwin.
Do we as Christians want to adopt any part of Darwinism or any theory of evolution that leaves God out of creation and seeks to prove that God does not exist? Can you imagine believing some of Satan’s lies about creation and some of God’s revelations about creation? May it never be!
So the question of whether the earth is circular and flat or a sphere is clearly of major importance to God, and ought to be to us, not just because the truth is important, but because believing a lie about God dishonors God greatly.
Ultimately who bears responsibility for what we believe and what we promote? We do, and each of us will be accountable to God for what we have believed and what we have endorsed and promoted. If we promote a major lie, how many people have we misled?
Being a genuine Christian in America today takes courage. Being weak and timid is the easy way out. We need to ask ourselves tough questions:
• How much do I want to be a part of this world?
• How much do I want to accept and live in cooperation with the world system?
• How much do I want to blend in with all the unbelievers in the world just so I won’t be criticized or mocked?
• Do I want my belief system, including all of my beliefs, to be consistent with God’s reality, or am I willing to admit that I haven’t concerned myself with how much my beliefs are in alignment with God?
• Am I willing to offend God by believing lies from Satan, in particular about the story of creation?
• How much am I willing to face the possibility that I have been deceived and even brainwashed on the creation story of the earth?
• How long will I stand by as they slander and defame my God?
As Christians, we do not have the option of standing by and blindly or negligently or casually accepting NASA’s vision of creation with reckless disregard toward God’s Word and how God described His creation. We have an obligation to pursue a correct understanding, and while we may not arrive at a definitive answer, we cannot brush it off as unimportant, and we certainly do not behave in a Godly manner by mocking those who are pursuing the evidence on the subject of the earth’s creation and whether the earth is round and flat or spherical.
Abomination in the eyes of God is one of the gravest and strongest expressions of what God truly abhors, and when we are told something is an abomination to God, we had better sit up and pay attention.
When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, for these nations, which you are about to dispossess, listen to fortune-tellers and to diviners. But as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do this. Deut 18:9-14
This is an amazing message in Deuteronomy. Specifically much has been written about God’s message to his people in this passage, their disobedience and his responsive judgment, but there is another perspective that God is revealing here.
God is revealing something important about himself and about how the people of a nation conduct themselves, whether they believe what is true and honor God by living the truth, or whether they follow the evil leaders of the day, the witches and warlocks, the diviners and the mediums.
I feel the need to unpack this very meticulously, because it is critical you don’t miss the importance of what you believe, at least in God’s eyes. Whether you believe a lie or the truth when it comes to something as important as God’s own creation is NO small matter.
We need to briefly review some history that you may not know, because the context of what we have been told and what we are continuously being told about creation and the Universe is not pleasing to God and if you and I fall for the lies, we will be accountable for going down long evil paths.
I’m going to put this brief history in a bullet list to make it easy to read and to track chronologically.
• Copernicus was the first to describe creation, the planets, the earth, and the sun and stars as Americans and the world believe they are today. Since he did not have the telescopes we have today, the ability to launch aircraft like we can today, and since he did not have the vast knowledge available with the amazing technologies that scientists have today at their fingertips, how could Copernicus have written a complete description of the earth and the “Universe” as it is still described by NASA today? How could Copernicus create the entire heliocentric model of the Universe from pure theory, essentially sitting in a little room with pen and paper? The obvious answer is that Copernicus had no evidence and no proof. He was guessing. It was all sheer speculation.
• Adolph Hitler assembled the first International group of witches and warlocks to communicate with the other world, and to learn from demons how to develop advanced technologies of destruction to kill people and take over the world.
• To achieve his goals of world domination and to create weapons of mass destruction, Hitler put together a team of the smartest scientists he could find, who worked closely with the mediums and Satanists. Their specific goal was to learn from eternal beings who were demons and had knowledge that was thousands of years old from the beginning of creation. Hitler and his scientists were aware of technologies that existed in the early days of ancient Egypt that built the pyramids and placed stones weighing hundreds of tons in perfect juxtaposition with engineering precision that still cannot be duplicated today.
All of this has been kept absolutely hidden from the public and out of the history books. But there is more.
• Hitler’s team did build what we call space ships, round saucers that flew. There are plenty of photos now available that reveal Hitler’s work on saucers. They were working on anti-gravity systems that could travel beyond the speed of sound.
• Hitler’s team also was working on building a nuclear bomb, but the U.S. beat them and ended the war. Certainly that had more to do with God’s sovereignty than the genius of American scientists. It was not time for Hitler to take over the world and become the Anti-Christ so many thought he was.
• Here’s where it gets spooky. The U.S. wanted to know what Hitler’s scientists had learned, because they had advanced discoveries that went far beyond anything the U.S. had discovered at the top echelons of the military-industrial complex, apart from the atomic bomb.
• So the U.S. government hired Hitler’s top scientists, said to be about 200 in number, brought them to the U.S., gave them immunity, new identities, and hired them to work for the U.S. government.
• It gets even worse. It was at that time shortly after WWII that America’s rocket and “space” program was created, which later became NASA. Guess who was put in charge of their rocket and space program? Werner Von Braun, Hitler’s chief scientific genius. Von Braun worked for the very man who oversaw the greatest evil empire the world has ever known. Does that give you warm fuzzies? And the other 200 NAZI scientists staffed our early NASA program under Werner Von Braun.
• That was the beginning of NASA. Now are you starting to connect the dots?
• Satanic rituals actually were a vital component of our early rocket program, and the history includes the incredibly evil practices of men such as Jack Parsons, L. Ron Hubbard, and Aleister Crowley. Aleister Crowley was a world renowned practitioner of satanic ritualism and credited for communicating with demons with the ability to open portals into the demonic dimension. There is so much more you need to know about this history that infected NASA and other space agencies.
During the last 70 years of NASA’s existence, there has been a constant and very successful effort to give NASA an image of credibility, objectivity, integrity, and to brand the idea that NASA is full of super smart geniuses. Nothing could be further from the truth. They may be geniuses, but Christ-centered they are not and never have been.
Are your eyes beginning to see the light, or are you so thoroughly brainwashed that you think NASA is seated at the right hand of the throne of God and you instantly react negatively to any suggestion that NASA is anything but wonderful and has the best interests of America in mind?
Not being grossly deceived and not being led down the path of Satan’s evil agenda are not small matters, and the story of the creation of the earth is gigantic. You and I have a responsibility to be discerning, and while God has not revealed everything to us, we have a sacred duty to not fall for satanic constructs of God’s creation.
The true creation story is absolutely important to God, and it ought to be absolutely important to every single believer in Jesus Christ!